(I begin) In the name of Allah, the Kind, the Most Merciful.
1. Verily! We have sent it (this Qur'an) down in the night of Al-Qadr (Decree)
2. And what will make you know what the night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is?
3. The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allah in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months).
4. Therein descend the angels and the Ruh [Jibrael (Gabriel)] by Allah's Permission with all Decrees,
5. Peace! (All that night, there is Peace and Goodness from Allah to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn.
Laylatul Qadr is a celebration to commemorate the arrival of the final guidance for human beings. It is a tribute to the commencement of the message revealed to humankind by the Creator, a message which shows them the way to achieve their full potential.
Just as the arrival of a child is celebrated, on its birth and then every year, as a bringer of joy and fulfilment for the family, Laylatul Qadr is celebrated as a bringer of light and guidance for humankind.
Laylatul Qadr is celebrated with a feast for the spirit, a feast of worship and prayers. “My Rabb! I worship you not because I am desirous of Janna, nor because I fear Jahannam, I worship You, because You are worthy of worship.”- Imam Ali (pbuh)